Jasmine Blossom Tea

openingjasmineblossom.jpg

Did you guess what the little “tea kernel’ from yesterday’s post is? Here it is, opening up to reveal its hidden treasure. Meet Jasmine Blossom tea, a specialty hand-tied display tea from China. The leaves are plucked and processed as green tea. Then a bunch of leaves are tied together around a beautiful pink flower which is revealed once the tea is steeped in hot water.

openjasmineblossom.jpg

Once fully steeped and opened, it looks like an exotic sea creature to me. The tea leaves have been scented with blooming jasmine flowers, giving them a delicate floral aroma and taste. This tea is a feast for many senses!

blossominglasscup.jpg

Do you like scented teas?

This entry was posted in Tea.

7 comments on “Jasmine Blossom Tea

1. acrawley63 says:

Oh man, I wouldn’t have guessed Jasmine tea, especially since this type looks so different from the Jasmine tea I have (Dragon leaf?) This type of Jasmine tea is almost too pretty to drink. Jasmine tea is my favorite, followed by Oolong, and some Green teas. -Amy

2. judi d says:

That is sensational, great pictures too.

Thanks Judi!

Amy, the tea you had was the pearl jasmine. After scenting with jasmine, the leaves are rolled into small pearls. That tea is so pretty and delicious. Yes, it’s so amazing how many different shapes can be created by rolling green tea leaves! -Karen

4. bobbi says:

oops…sorry about the previous comment….I thought you’d be posting a pic of your goddess!

Hi Bobbi, LOL, no problem. 😉
    The little goddess I made at our meeting is in a little dish waiting to be sanded. I’ll post a photo of her within the next couple of days. -Karen

6. Stephanie says:

That is lovely, and your photos really capture the expansion well! Did you enjoy the flavor? I find that I like some of these hand-tied teas better than others!

Thanks Stephanie! Yes, I did enjoy the flavor. It had a lighter jasmine scenting which is what I prefer over something more heavily perfumed.
    -Karen