Studio Wednesday

fallbeadedearrings1108

We are now entering the late fall and I think that the darker bronzy colors of trees and leaf are making their way into my jewelry. I beaded these earrings today. The photo doesn’t do justice to the gorgeous antiqued gold black twisted bugle beads. I made a bugle bead ladder and then added the light orange and bronze beads along one side of the ladder with a 2-bead brick stitch. After beading that side, I added a tapered fringe on the other side, using the same beads and the russet glass leaves. I like the way the outline of the leaf veins matches the light orange beads.

peppercornpathfall08A carpet of dark russet leaves lined the path on my walk the other day. I’m so glad to live in a place where we experience all 4 seasons. I’m ready for the weather to grow cooler at this time of year. In the evenings, I’ve been cozying up next to a roaring fire in our new fireplace insert. Wow, that insert really works great. When it reaches a certain temperature, a fan turns on and blows the heat (that normally would be lost up the chimney) out into the room. With the fireplace downstairs in my studio, we have set up a small fan in the stairwell to bring the heat up into the rest of the house. So, with my fire going and the house nice and warm, I am very content at this time of the year. I feel so blessed.

“In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.”
–   John Muir

8 comments on “Studio Wednesday

1. Frivolitea says:

Your earrings are beautiful! And I love your description of a fire in the fall. We have a new fireplace and I am enjoying mine as well!

2. ooglebloops says:

Beautiful earrings – my favorite colors any time of the year!!!!

Thanks Lynn! Oooo, enjoy your fireplace in your new home.

Thanks, ooglebloops!

4. Apple says:

Your jewlery is amazing! I love it.

5. autumn says:

Very sorry, but someone tagged me and I had to pass it on. See my blog for more info, or just ignore this 🙂

6. doras_explorations says:

Beautiful, Karen ! I like the leaves on the ends of the fringe. Although I’ve made a variety of beaded jewelry, I always come back to the Comanche seed bead earrings !

Thanks so much for visiting, Apple, and for your kind comments!

Thanks Dora! I know what you mean, this style is so versatile. There’s so much room for your own creativity. I love it!