June Journal Page

junepageinprocess.jpg

I’ve been beading away at my June journal page and enjoying every minute. This has certainly turned into an inner journey of discovery. I had an idea at the beginning and then found that it evolved as I placed each bead on the fabric. This symbolizes the loss of my physical garden when I moved 3 1/2 years ago. I was an avid gardener so that was very hard for me. Living on the 4th floor of an apartment building now doesn’t offer me the opportunity to have a garden at this time. So, my garden exists in my heart. There is a “heartbreak path” running down the center of my heart. The path of heartbreak led me to my center, represented by the pearl. The rays flowing out from my center illuminate all of the colorful flowers in my heart’s garden. Last night I added the pink petal beads on the outside of the heart. These remind me of little wings. I’m not sure if I’m going to bead around them or just leave them as they are. I’ll add more “wings” around the heart. It’s almost done!

14 comments on “June Journal Page

1. CC Peyton says:

Aloha! You did a heart! Yea! It looks beautiful, even tho’ it came from a sad time in your life. But inside it looks like you have a beautiful garden growing! Blessings! CC

2. bobbi says:

I love the colors you’re using in this page….and the wings are a lovely idea!

3. Bejeweled says:

The garden of your heart is very beautiful!

4. Frivolitea says:

I love your beaded garden. Can’t wait to see more.

5. Beautiful. I want it, brokeness and all! Loved the colors and everything.

6. Grace says:

Beautiful. I enjoy the colors and the message/meaning.

7. LJ says:

It’s a beautiful piece. I love it when artists explain their personal symbol language and it helps me appreciate the work even more. I love that the little “wings” are outside the border of the piece – outside both garden and heartbreak.

8. Dora says:

Your beaded garden is lovely, Karen ! The design would be great for an amulet bag or pin……..I’m looking forward to seeing your next journal page.

Thank you ladies, for all of your wonderful comments about my June page! This process has been so transformative for me and I am getting the same feeling when I read everyone else’s blogs and see the amazing work that is being created. July, here I come! Happy beading to all.

10. Robin says:

I knew the moment I saw this that a separation and/or a broken heart are part of the picture… yet the overall feel of the piece is happy. The zig-zag line of separation is also a pathway, perhaps to something new, perhaps a metaphorical garden. Everything about this piece is compelling… it’s a lovely beginning to your PJP journal!

Thanks Robin for your lovely comments on my first piece. I am so grateful to you for starting this amazing project. It has already changed my life in such a positive way!

12. Amy says:

It was so neat to see your first beaded journal page, Karen. When you first described it I formed a general idea in my head. To see it transformed into an actual piece was a thrill. What a wonderful challenge you taken on. I’m sure it will bring you many rewards.

13. Karen says:

Thanks Amy! I was happy to share my page with you and Judy. I’m so glad that I decided to join the Beaded Journal Project. It has brought me so many rewards already and will continue to do so, I’m sure. Good luck with your new blog!

14. […] about my May page. I want it to represent a link to my very first page from last year called “The Garden in my Heart”. Now that I have a physical garden once again, there will be a connection with that. I’m […]