My polymer clay guild

ripcgdorasfeathercane.jpg

I’m a member of the Rhode Island polymer clay guild and last Saturday was our monthly meeting. It is a day of sharing ideas and delicious food, inspiring and being inspired, laughing and supporting and, most importantly, being part of a tribe of very creative and talented artists. I always come away from each meeting feeling rejuvenated, like my artist spirit has received a wonderful massage.

Dora demoed her version of a feather cane (shown above), cutting a Skinner blend up and stacking the pieces in a unique and interesting way to make the cane. I made a blend of blue and orange with white in between the colors so as not to end up with a muddy blend. I’m looking forward to creating something with it after the holiday season!

If you live in the Rhode Island area and are interested in joining us for a meeting, please do let me know.

ripcgjudymichelle.jpgripcgtricia.jpgripcgeileen.jpg

ripcgsusantoine.jpgripcgsandy.jpgripcgtesselatedcanes.jpg

6 comments on “My polymer clay guild

1. Dora says:

Great pictures of our guild, Karen ! Thanks for featuring the RIPCG and its talented and creative members on your blog.

Thanks Dora! I was happy to share something that gives me such joy!
    -Karen

3. Lunes says:

Oh how I wish our Polymer Clay group would get together and share. I’m trying to start a French workshop for September time!
    Happy New Year

Happy New Year to you and thanks for visiting!
    -Karen

5. Mike says:

Hi! Are there still clay guild meetups? I can’t find information anywhere, but I’d like to pick up a few pointers. I’m in Mansfield, MA.

• artandtea says:

Hi Mike. I’m sorry to say that our group disbanded several years ago. I think that there may be a group in Lexington, MA, connected with the Lexington Art and Crafts Society. Good luck! Cheers, Karen